Ah that cellulite is the nightmare of so many women around the world who are fighting the same battle. It seems that cellulite is hard to avoid and more importantly, even harder to cure. Don’t give up just yet, because fortunately, there are some very effective methods how to get rid of cellulite and finally enjoy your body.
But before you decide to use any kind of cellulite treatment or buy the best cellulite cream, you should understand more about what it is and what causes it!
Cellulite is a term that describes the appearance of a bumpy looking fat on the body. To be specific, this is not a real disease, but it is a condition in which the fat cells join along with other coexisting factors to cause cellulite to appear under the skin.
Our bodies have three layers of fat and cellulite is found in the layer that is closest to the skin. Fat cells are found in pockets that are formed by collagen fibres.
When the fat cells squeeze the connective tissues called collagen fibres; it results in not having enough room for the lymphatic system to drain in order to relieve the build up of fluids, fats and toxins. The fat in this layer of the body doesn’t respond well to exercise or diet and that is what makes a question how to get rid of cellulite so hard.
It can also be difficult to perform liposuction in that layer successfully because of the fibrous strands. Also, another cause of the accumulation of fat in this cellulite layer can be hormones.
Other two layers of fat in the body do not have a structure. These fat cells don’t have connective tissue separating them and they can easily be managed by lifestyle and dietary changes.
The problematic cellulite areas are mostly found in the women’s’ lower body parts including the butts, thighs, hips and also legs – the most problematic part when you want to get rid of cellulite because it is most seen there.
And when the cellulite appears, it makes your skin look like it has dimples or to look like an orange peel which certainly is not very attractive and most women feel uncomfortable with it. They try to cover it up with clothes and avoid going to beach or wearing bikinis.
Before we move on to explaining the causes of cellulite, there are 2 facts you need to understand.
1. This is a problem especially affecting women
2. You do not have to be overweight to have cellulite, as surprising as it sounds, the truth is many women with slim figure also have it and wonder how to get rid of cellulite!
What Causes Cellulite
There have been a huge number of scientific studies with the goal to discover how cellulite forms. However, scientists are still not quite sure what exactly causes cellulite to appear but they have found a few facts that certainly contribute to having a cellulite. This is important to understand in order to effectively get rid of cellulite and it was a good start for the beauty & health industry to produce some of the best cellulite creams.
1. Cause, of course, are fat cells – Research has shown that an accumulation of many swollen fat cells leads to cellulite, since these cells can press on the connective fibres around them causing the skin to be pulled downward and to show “cottage cheese” looks.
2. Cause can be hormones – as we all know both male and female produce variety of hormones but it appears that women have hormones that entice the forming of cellulite. This fact also helps to show why cellulite doesn’t affect the appearance of the skin until after puberty and why women have more problems with cellulite than men. How to get rid of cellulite is not a question many men ask!
3. Cause can be attributed to lack of quality exercises and bad nutrition. People that lead a healthy lifestyle with constant movement and diet containing less fat seems to have less cellulite. Although you can’t completely eliminate and cure this ugly “dumplings” via diet and exercise, this can certainly help you to get rid of cellulite without having to go through expensive procedures.
4. Possible group of cause is a person’s lifestyle and genetics factors. On the one side there are hereditary factors that determine the appearance of peoples’ skin and on the other the lifestyle you choose can greatly affect the appearance of cellulite. If you sit a lot or do not take any massages, you are more likely to build fat and toxins causing the condition.
Bad habits as smoking mean a greater risk of having cellulite. You can’t avoid genetics factors but certainly if you are wondering how to get rid of cellulite, you can change your diet to eating more vegetables and fruits, remove fat and refined foods from your diet, stop smoking, take regular light exercises, drink plenty of water… and you will have a great chance of reducing cellulite without having to spend hundreds of dollars on best cellulite cream.
5. Tight clothes and clogged up lymphatic systems as another cause – if there is insufficient flow of blood and fluids in our bodies, this means that cellulite can easily form in those regions. This can happen because of the slower metabolism but more often because of the tight clothes and jeans many women wear in recent years. Unfortunately, while we dress up to follow fashion, on the other hand it can cause more cellulite and problems for women.
As you can see there are many causes of cellulite which are not easy to fight with or cure. But with many modern treatments and best cellulite cream available now on the market, there is hope for women that they can get rid of cellulite using such products and also making changes in the segment of life that caused the condition in the first place.
We hope this introductory article gave you some idea about the origin and nature of cellulite; so you can be more effective in your efforts on how to get rid of cellulite and find the best treatments. We are devoted to providing the best information on this issue and we will constantly post new methods and tips.
Prasanta Chatterjee is involved in healthcare market research since 2009. He loves to write about alternative health, herbal health along with general healthcare.